Priyanka Chopra had been in the spotlight since she declared she is going to marry American singer Nick Jonas.
Priyanka Chopra organised 3 receptions for their marriage that took place in Mumbai, Bengaluru and Jodhpur. Many Hollywood and Bollywood personalities came to witness the marriage reception. Priyanka was all over the news last month.
One interesting thing about Priyanka Chopra’ marriage reception was that no one was allowed to capture photos and videos in their reception, moreover, Guest’s phone was sealed by security staff as to prevent any shooting of photos and videos. The reason behind this being, Priyanka and Nick sold their marriage photo and video rights to a magazine company. Definitely, the magazine company had given Priyanka and nick a handsome sum of money for that.
Many people argue that Priyanka and Nick’s wedding was a contract and they married each other only for their benefits. I don’t know if this is true or not. But I do know some interesting facts about Priyanka Chopra’s wedding that I am gonna tell you in this post. Here we go-
1. No Bollywood celebrity was invited to the wedding- Is not this shocking? Priyanka herself being a Bollywood celebrity has worked in many Bollywood films. Moreover, Priyanka has a nice relationship with most of the Bollywood stars. Despite this, no Bollywood celebrity was invited to her marriage.
2. Over 4 crores were spent for the venue alone- Yeah, you heard it right 4 crores for the venue alone. While this amount is nothing big when we compare this with Mukesh Ambani’s daughter’s wedding where the lehnga alone of Isha Ambani was worth 90 crores.
3. The wedding took place in traditional style- All major wedding ceremonies were followed in Priyanka’s marriage including Mehandi, sangeet, haldi and reception of course.
4. The marriage took place in Jodhpur- Yes, the city of Jodhpur was chosen for the wedding ceremonies by Priyanka. All major ceremonies were organised in ummaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur.
5. The wedding was covered by international media- Nick and Priyanka both being international starts, their wedding was covered by both Indian and international media. Their marriage remained a viral topic worldwide last month.
See our other article on Delhi is no more the world’s most polluted city as Kanpur ranks 1 on the List